A shout-out to those looking for a dose of festive inspiration. RACHNA VIRDI gets top make-up brands to share their expression of festive beauty.
With the festivities knocking at your door, it’s time to boost your everyday look with a touch of bling. All you need to do is, add a dash of sparkle and shimmer to your festive style. Need more inspiration? Ditch the lockdown blues and draw your festive inspiration from our team of make-up artists as they sketch out their idea of festive-ready beauty for you.
Try each one of these super-glam looks that take your festive game higher and make you the centre of attention. A little exuberance never hurt anyone!
Stafford Braganza–National Make-up Artist, L’Oreal Paris
Try this super-natural, skin-like finish for a festive lunch party with your work team
- Start with enhancing and hydrating your skin with a micro essence, prep your face using a good primer which helps you keep your make-up on for a longer time.
- Add on a foundation best suited to your skin tone. Check the shades by swatching a few on your jaw line that match closest to your skin tone. Then, taking a concealer, apply it under the eyes, corners of your lips and any other area that may need some coverage.
- Once you’ve set a perfect base, the next step is to amplify your facial assets. The highlighter is my favourite product, especially for the festive season as it draws attention to your already defined features with a touch of shimmer. A pop of rouge to your cheeks should do the trick, adding warmth and shine, letting light reflect of your cheekbones.
- The next step is to let your eyes speak with a bold and trendy look. A tinted rose gold eye make-up on the bare eye lids will give you the perfect festive look. And I feel rose gold is a colour that is compatible with different skin tones. If you are looking for the longest and deepest black lashes then sweep on some mascara from root to tip to build volume.
- Lastly, pretty up that pout with red lipstick which is light weight, creates a lasting matte impact and glides on effortlessly.
Mamta Naik–Product Development Manager, SUGAR Cosmetics
Opt for this soft and glam festive style for an at-home gathering with family
- Before you start, prep your skin with an illuminating moisturiser and primer.
- Apply the right shade of foundation with a foundation stick and set it with a tinted loose powder or compact.
- Accentuate your facial features by contouring and highlighting, defining your brows and finishing this with a pink blush.
- For the eyes, opt for a soft brown, smokey eye look with copper shade shimmer, and tight line your eyes with a black or brown kohl.
- Go big on your lashes with your mascara and do final touch-ups like highlighting the inner corners of your eyes and under your eyebrow arch.
- For the lips, a classic red could never go wrong this season. Before setting out, set your make-up with a highlighting setting mist to add some festive oomph.
ON-FLEEK & FAB
Navreet Josan–National Artist M.A.C Cosmetics India
Go for this fun and fabulous look for a night out with the social circle
- Start with a hydrating mist and follow with a moisturiser to add a glow to your skin for which the strobe cream is perfect.
- Apply Prep + Prime Natural Radiance to refine the skin texture and create a perfect canvas for make-up.
- For the base, use foundation starting at the center of your face and blending it outwards.
- Next, apply a concealer to cover up any dark circles and pigmentation. It’s very important to set this with powder.
- For the eyes, use a gorgeous and warm-toned neutral palette with orange and red undertones.
- Define it with kajal and eyeliner. On the lower lash line, smudge the kajal with eyeshadow using a smudging brush.
- Apply false lashes and finish with a coat of mascara which has a dual brush for a natural as well as dramatic lash effect.
- For the brows, first used eyeshadow with an angular brush to fill any sparse areas and define the arch. Next, use a fibre gel in spiked to comb the brows and set them in place.
- The next step is highlighting and contouring. Use the sculpt and shape contour palette that has matte contouring powders and subtly shimmery highlighting powders to sculpt, shape, and enhance your facial features.
- To add a hint of colour to your cheeks, use a little eyeshadow from the palette.
- Tie the whole look together with powder kiss lipstick in a beautiful peach shade. It will keep the lips hydrated and give a soft, modern backstage look.
Anupama Katyal–Creative Director–Make-Up, Lakme Salon
Pick this OTT look to glam up your festivities and be in the spotlight
- Do a perfect base with the primer, foundation, concealer and compact. Let it blend well.
- Add definition with contouring and highlighting to lift the face.
- For the eyes, do a blend of green and bronze shimmery eye shadow.
- Follow it up with a glossy nude lip and just a hint of blush.
- Hair is light brown with a tinge of gold and copper pulled back into a high, tight and sleek bouquet bun.