Maintaining long mane is no rocket science. Take a walk through this hands-on guide for long hair.
What do Jennifer Aniston, Vanessa Hudgens and Amal Clooney have in common? They are all fans of long hair. And they are not alone; a glance on the high street shows long hair is one of the most popular styles of the moment.
Cos Sakkas, international artistic director, Toni&Guy, explains, “Long layers are soft and feminine and there is nothing more beautiful that long and gentle waves with a stunning colour.”
However, long hair doesn’t mean less upkeep. You need to update yourself with tips, tricks, trims and treatments to maintain your tresses.
Tips & Tricks:
- Nothing looks worse than split ends, so cut your hair every eight weeks to maintain its shape and condition.
- Regularly update the colour; use different techniques to keep it looking fresh.
- Add little details like a fringe or a layer, or refresh the perimeter and baseline.
- Product recommendation is important with long hair for different results. A dry shampoo will give it a dusty finish, while a shine spray will leave it looking glossy.
- Long hair needs a base, like a volume mousse. A sea salt spray works well when left to dry naturally.
- Long hair doesn’t need to be cut to look different – play with layer and colour placement.