Did you know that there are some surprising benefits of adding beer to your hair and skincare routine?
Who knew beer was actually good for you… errr, actually for your hair and skin? Well, it turns out the frothy drink is great for hair, skin and health. You’d be surprised to know that beer can help tighten your hair follicles and remove dirt and grease from your hair. The froth alone is great for fighting acne by helping slow down sebum production and decreasing pimples. A complete win-win, right?
So here are some ways you can incorporate beer into your beauty and hair care regime.
Beer for hair
- Beer acts as a great hair growth stimulator and imparts health and shine to it.
- It contains proteins that repair hair damage and add volume, giving you shiny and glossy hair. Add a cup of beer to your shampoo and rinse your hair with it.
- It adds great volume to your hair. Simply combine one cup of warm beer with one teaspoon of jojoba oil to your conditioner. While the beer adds volume, jojoba oil adds shine to your hair.
- The malt in beer promotes healthy growth of hair.
Beer for skin
- Beer has a good source of B-vitamins and pantothenic acid which helps to develop the skin’s elasticity, reduce acne, rehydrate the skin and increase the skins natural shine.
- It helps to hydrate the skin from within, removes toxins from the body and cleans up the pores in the skin. Add an olive oil-based soap and beer to running bath water.
- Beer increases the levels and impact of vitamin E, acting as an antioxidant which helps keep the skin healthy while also slowing down the aging process.
- Prepare foot soak by pouring two cups of beer in three cups of hot water and adding some olive oil or honey to it. It makes the soak exfoliating as well as moisturising.
Beer masks for face
Beer and strawberry face mask
- Take three strawberries and blend them along with 2-3 drops of beer in it. Form a fine paste and dab it on your face. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- This pack removes the blackheads and whiteheads and brings a new glow with their antioxidant properties.
Egg white and lime juice face pack
- Mix a few drops of beer, one tablespoon of plain yogurt, lime juice, egg white and almond extract in a bowl and apply it as a face pack.
- Let it dry for few minutes. Then rinse off the pack with the water and get yourself a glowing look.
Beer, lemon, honey and olive oil mask
- Mix two tablespoons of olive oil and honey each, one tablespoon of lemon juice and a few drops of beer in a bowl.
- Mix and apply it on your face and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then rinse off to get a clear and zit free skin.
- This helps those who have oily skin and zits on the face.
(Lead image: Pixabay.com)