Preventive measures to boost your resistance power and combat coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after coughing, or sneezing.
- Flex your elbow, whenever you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid social gatherings.
- Keep your throat moist, drink plenty of water.
- Drink hot water or herbal decoctions (ginger/tulsi/ turmeric)frequently·
- Practise breathing exercises, pranayamas (bhramari, nadi shodhana), meditation to keep your mind and body relaxed, as it promotes healing.
- Take enough rest, so that the body can produce cytokines, a major component of the immune system to fight against inflammations.
- Eat healthy and fresh foods.
- Expose your body to sun daily for 20 minutes.
- Include fibers in your diet, eat vitamin C rich fruits and juices (amla/orange/lime) to boost your immunity.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, which means they are transmitted between animals and people. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
- By Dr Vivek Chandel, Wellness Manager, Fazlani Nature’s Nest