It’s time to sit back, relax, soak yourself in a mountain of bubbles and say aahhhh!
If there’s anything more comforting than a hot cup of coffee and warm quilt during winter, it is a hot bubble bath. Most of us are used to jumping in for a quick, easy and convenient shower, zipping it off within a few minutes. While the morning rush might not always allow for a long bath, you could certainly end your day with one. Everyone deserves a little pampering and there’s no better way to end a long, hard day than by treating yourself to a heavenly and soothing body soak.
To mark the occasion of Bubble Bath Day, join us as we look at how you can treat yourself to one at home and the benefits of a bubble bath.
- Take a bath in lukewarm water. The water should never feel too hot or too cold to make you uncomfortable.
- Use your favourite bubble bath soap, bath salts, bubble bar or a bath bomb. Simply place it under the faucet and wait for the bubbles to form. Trust us; this is going to look very tempting!
- Only 20-30 minutes of soaking is recommended. You risk drying your skin should you soak yourself for longer periods of time.
- Boost your bubble bath experience by using face and hair masks while you soak.
- Create a sensory experience with scented candles in relaxing aromas like lavender, basil, eucalyptus, jasmine, lemon, chamomile or lemongrass.
- Use essential oils or bath oils too, either by massaging your body with a warm essential oil or by adding a few drops to your bath water. Ensure that you clean the tub once done or you might risk slipping.
- Add a few drops of milk and honey to the bath water for some nourishment.
- Feeling extra indulgent? Carry a glass of wine along so you can sip it while you bathe.
- You could also add some relaxing music in the background to get into the zone.
- Scrub yourself from head-to-toe and exfoliate well to be squeaky clean.
- Post-bathing, apply a lotion, cream or moisturiser to complete your pampering session.
Why take a bubble bath?
- It is super relaxing, extremely indulgent and very rejuvenating.
- It requires little to no effort.
- It is an instant mood-booster.
- It dissolves your stress away along with dust and dirt.