Wondering what really went into creating the iconic looks sported by our Indian celebrities on the red carpet? Anupma Katyal, National Creative Director–Make-up, Lakmé Salon, decodes the looks for you.
Priyanka Chopra makes a style statement every time she steps out and the Met Gala 2019 was no different. The diva arrived at the Met Gala looking like an avantgarde version of the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. While we were mesmerised by her attire, her make-up look is what caught our attention. The actress went all in on the Camp theme with fluffy brushed-out curls, rhinestone beauty marks, dramatic lashes, finishing with red and white make-up accents.
Here’s how you can get her look:
For the Face
- Start with a clean slate. Make sure your face is fresh and before you begin applying your make-up, take the time to prep your skin with a high-quality moisturiser. Choosing the right kind of moisturiser can go a long way in ensuring the longevity of your make-up.
- Once moisturised, prep your skin with primer, applying it with your fingers to ensure your make-up stays in place longer.
- Next, apply a liquid HD foundation closest to your skin tone with a soft bristle brush and be sure to blend it well into the hairline and the neck. Set your base with loose powder to give it a nice matte finish.
- Contour the cheekbones, nose and chin to get defined sharp edges.
- Keep the rest of the face make-up simple and add a warm pink flush on the cheeks for a subtle pop of colour.
For the Eyes
- To get the bold and dramatic look, use purple eyeshadow over your eye lids and use a white pencil to tight line the lower water line and inner corners of the eye. Next, apply several coats of white mascara to create voluminous lashes and add an edge to your look.
For the Lips
- Begin by prepping the lips by moisturising them and then finish with a lip primer. Define the lip line with a deep pink liner, and then fill in with a dark plum lip colour that complements the eye make-up. Complete your bold look with rhinestones on the cheekbone, between your brows and above the lip. Set your look with a setting spray.
Deepika Padukone always pushes convention when it comes to her red-carpet style—but on the 2019 camp-themed Met Gala red carpet, the actress took it to the next level. The actress looked breath-taking in a stunning Barbie-like avatar and took her make-up look to newer heights.
Here’s how you can get her look:
For the Face:
- Begin by using a light moisturiser and then apply an HD translucent liquid foundation. It’ll give the skin a dewy, natural finish. Using a fluffy brush, set your base with a setting powder.
- Contour your cheeks, jaw line and nose to achieve the chiselled and defined face structure. Keep the blush minimal and neutral, sweep it across your cheekbones for a natural flush of colour. With the help of a fan brush, highlight your cheekbones for that added oomph.
For the Eyes:
- Prep your eyelids with an eye primer.
- Begin by adding fuchsia eyeshadow in the inner corner of the eyes and blend it over the lids. Add a deeper purple eyeshadow to create a wing at the outer corners.
- Tight line the upper waterline and corner of the eyes with a black kajal pencil. For the lower water line, tight line with a silver shimmer pencil. This will help open the eyes and make them pop! Apply generous coats of mascara on the upper and lower lashes to add drama. Define your eyebrows by filling them in with a dark brown shadow or pencil and brush them with a spoolie. Define your brow bone by highlighting with a pearl highlighter.
For the Lips:
- Apply a moisturising lip balm to prep your lips. Line your lips with a deep maroon lip liner and fill in with a matte marsala-hued lipstick to finish the look.
- Use a setting spray to ensure the look stays put!
(Lead Image- Instagram)