Pre and post Holi tips and Holi hairstyles from Adhuna Bhabani, Founder and Creative Director, BBLUNT:
- Prepping your hair with a serum or leave-in conditioner from mid lengths to ends helps serve as a protective layer from the harmful chemicals in the colour or any surface damage.
- Avoid using oil as it tends to be more stubborn. Over washing the oil will result in drying out of your hair making it more brittle and causing further damage. There is also a higher possibility of the powdered colour mixing with the oil.
- Firstly, opt for cold water to rinse the colour off.
- Make sure not to use hot water to remove the colour as it will only end up solidifying it.
- Immediately shampoo and condition your hair with a special concoction of Keratin & Argan oil which is the ideal fix to repair your hair and help dry, damaged hair come back to life.
- Avoid washing your hair repeatedly as it will strip off the moisture from the hair leaving it brittle.
- Don’t forget to apply Repair Remedy Leave-in Cream or Climate Control Anti Frizz after your wash routine from the mid lengths to end of your hair to repair any surface damage.
- Wear your hair tied in one of the cool summer hairstyles. You can choose from different braid styles, a stylish ponytail to a top knot or even a twist scrunch dry. For those wanting to experiment, a waterfall braid or Dutch braid works well.
- You can also look at accessorising your Holi look with a hat, cap, scarf, or bandana, which can be a total hair savior!
The festival of colours is here. HAIR and Beauty magazine wishes you all a Happy and Colourful Holi.