‘Tis the season to upgrade your lip care regime to make the perfect pout. NIMMI MATHAI shows you how!
While February is considered to be the month of gifts, roses and all things lovey-dovey, it is also the infamous harsh-on-your-lips winter season. Now chapped, dry, scaly and sore lips can happen at any time of the year, but the prospect of these issues is more prevalent due to the harsh and dry wintry winds.
To make your lip-love process a lot easier and a kissalicious pout easily achievable, we put together the ultimate lip care guide for yours truly. Read on, for we’re not letting you have chapped lips this season.
- Use a lip balm with SPF to protect your lips.
- Apply petroleum jelly before going bed at night.
- Use an oil-based lip serum, to lock in the moisture and keep your lips supple.
- Use a toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid licking, biting, aggressively rubbing or pulling dry skin off your lip.
- Do not use lip balms containing camphor or menthol.
- Do not wear matte lipsticks as they have a tendency to dry the lips.
- Avoid eating spicy foods or tone down the amount of spice in the food you eat.
- Do not over moisturise your lips, as it does nothing to soften your lips.
Use a gentle lip scrub to slough off flaky and dead skin cells and make them smooth.
Use a lip mask to provide nutrition to your lips. Lip masks can be prepared at home using ingredients easily available in the kitchen.
Use a sheet masks to hydrate your lips. These are easily available in stores online.
Use a lip oil to provide intense nourishment to the lips. The lip oil treats, moisturises, soothes and nourishes the soft and delicate skin on the lips.
Use a lip balm to protect and moisturise the lips. Lip balms contain moisturising ingredients like shea butter and petrolatum to prevent water loss and keep lips from getting dry, cracked and chapped.
Grab our Feb 2021 issue and read the article on ‘Lip Love’, for a complete guide on lip care for V-day.