Well, men, you all got to shave right?
With a number of products sold over the counter, picking the best and safest shaving cream can be a daunting task. With most products containing harmful chemicals, your shaving cream is no exception.
A lot of ingredients – such as TED and DEA – in your shaving cream have been linked to cancer. Trading your traditional razor to an epilator is not something all of you would agree with.
The solution: Switch to organic shaving creams or make your own hair shaving cream to get a smooth and silky shave.
To make your own shaving cream, all you need to do is whip up some ingredients and follow this procedure.
1. In a container, take 4 tbsp unrefined raw shea butter.
2. Mix 4 tbsp of unrefined coconut oil into it and melt the shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler on low heat.
3. Then add 3 tbsp olive oil to the mixture.
4. You can also add in 6-7 drops of essential oil of your choice (this is optional, but essential oils smell great and have properties to better your skin)
5. Mix all the ingredients together then pour this mixture into a bowl and refrigerate it.
Once you remove it out of the refrigerator, let it cool down and reach room temperature. Thereafter use a whip mixer to foam up the mixture. Transfer the mixer into an airtight container. Voilà! Your homemade DIY shaving cream is ready.