The corona virus outbreak has truly made us home-bound! While our routinely salon trips are come to a halt and DIY has become our new go to, we thought why not save our girls from the misery of the salon shutters and make wax at home. Just a few ingredients, and some strength is all you need to have super smooth skin in no time AT HOME!
Just the three ingredients you will need
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
Water as needed
Some thin cloth strips
- In a pan or in a microwave safe bowl, heat the sugar till it forms a wax like texture, till it browns.
- Make sure not to burn it or thicken it too much, while stirring slowly add the spoon of lemon juice and then the honey.
- Let all the ingredients mix together, add some water if you feel the mixture has become very thick and then take off from heat and let it cool down.
The final procedure
- Take the homemade way, and test it on a small patch of your skin first, just to make sure it suits your skin. All our ingredients are natural so this shouldn’t be much of a problem.
- Now apply the wax on your preferred area, apply a clean cloth strip on top, rub it till it firmly sticks and pull in one firm motion ( yes it hurts!).
- After you are done, dont forget to wash your skin with a gentle cleanser and apply ice and aloe vera gel for soothing sensation.
You can add cocoa powder and some pure fruit juice for flavoured wax. Stay away from exfoliation for 2 to 3 days.
And Tadaa!! Clean, soft skin at home!