Flip through to pick your most favourite beauty queen-inspired look and stay on-point, recommends NIMMI MATHAI.
Beauty queens from glamsville continue to rock red carpets and events with their iconic and trend-setting looks. Since decades they have made looking like perfection a breeze and set new beauty goals with each new look they are spotted in. From bronze glam, to feline flicks to hot red lips, we looked into the beauty bags of celebrities to bring you their signature and most buzzed-about looks. Slowly conquering the beauty world one gorgeous look at a time, the best part is that these beauty looks will look fab on you too.
It’s time to get that magic wand out.
Let’s admit the gorgeous supermodel Gigi Hadid looks euphoric and like an ethereal angel (minus the wings), to grace earth, in this stunning make-up. Like us, if you too went gaga over Gigi’s look, here’s how you can cast a spell on bystanders.
- Begin by using mauve as your base shade for your eyelids.
- Fill the inner corner, centre and crease with a lighter shade and the outer corner with a darker shade. Add a little dash of mauve to the lower lash line as well.
- Use golden glitter or a golden liner to create a thin triangular line in the centre of your lids. Apply the same to your lower lash line as well.
- Highlight the crease and brow bone with a gold shade glitter.
- Apply a thin winged eyeliner on the lash line and kohl to the lower lash line.
- Apply mascara to the top and lower lashes.
- Fill in your brows but avoid making it too heavy.
- For the lips swipe a shade of nude brown and add a soft pink in the centre of the lips.
Selena Gomez looked like a million bucks and regal enough to be a real life princess as she sashayed down the red carpet at an event. Her look was flawless and high-on-drama. Here’s how you too can set the stage on fire by recreating this glamorous look.
- Take an angled brush and draw a sharp heavy dark winged eyeliner (use a tape at the outer corner of your eyes to avoid making a mess and to get a perfect shape).
- Glide on a soft gold shimmer eyeshadow and start applying it on your eyelids, the crease and the outer corner of your eyes too.
- Deepen the shine gradually.
- Fill in your brows using a brow pencil.
- Apply a thin line of kohl on the lower waterline.
- Give those lashes a lift with mascara on both the upper and lower lashes.
- Use a silvery liquid glitter to the inner crease of your eyes. Add a little extra for drama.
- Sweep across a rich velvety red lipstick onto your lips for a regal and fab look.
Zendaya’s out-of-the-world glassy-glowy, dewy fresh-faced make-up look is what make-up dreams are made of. We just can’t get enough of her lit-from-within look. The look is natural and warm yet glamorous and ravishing. Here’s how you too can twist necks with this look.
- Before you begin, make sure to scrub your lips gently using a lip scrub to soften your lips and for the lip gloss to glide effectively on your lips.
- Grab a light reddish brown eyeshadow and blend it around your eyelids.
- Take a darker shade of brown eyeshadow and fill it in your eyelids from your crease to the outer corner of your eyes.
- Use a tapered brush to blend these shades in.
- Take a black eyeliner and apply a thin layer of liner on your upper lash line.
- Stick false lashes or apply a thick layer of mascara and curl those lashes.
- Fill in your brows with a brow pencil.
- Use a soft brownish pink (you can mix two shades to get the right colour) lip gloss for your lips.
The hotness oozing out of Taylor Swift here is too much for one carpet to handle. The gorgeous songstress sure knows how to impress – be it with her songs and lyrics or make-up and outfits. Here’s how to steal the show and slay while you play in this look by Taylor.
- First off, brighten your eyelids, crease, the inner corner and brow bone area of your eyes by using an off-white eyeshadow.
- For added sheen, brush on some silver glitter on your eyelids and brow bone.
- Take a dark blue eye pencil and draw a thick line on the upper lash line.
- Using the eye pencil draw a line along your water line and on the lower lash line as well to define the eyes.
- For the lower lash line begin the line from the inner corner and once you get to the outer corner extend the line a little outwards.
- Curl your lashes and add falsies or mascara to them.
- Keep the brows natural for this look as Taylor has.
- Complete this sensational look with a vibrant fuchsia pink lipstick.
They say, all great things come in small packages and singer-actress Ariana Grande is a living example of this. Ariana not only packs a punch with her melodious voice, but with her stunning make-up looks too. Here’s how you can get jaws to drop to the floor in this look.
- Use a beautiful shimmery bronze shade eyeshadow for this look.
- Gently polish the inner corner, eyelids and crease with the eyeshadow.
- Apply this shade even to the outer corners of the lower lash line.
- Use a light gold eyeshadow for the inner corners of your eyes.
- Draw a dark, heavy winged eyeliner and a very thin line of kohl in the waterline.
- Apply heavy mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
- Using a brow pencil only fill in the gaps in the eyebrows. Don’t go too heavy on the brows.
- Apply a wine, burgundy or deep berry shade lipstick to complete the look.
So choose your look and get going. But remember, don’t forget to add a smile, as that’s the best accessory one can wear!