Well of course they should!
Hand, face, and body lotion – aren’t these tools used by girly men?
I mean a real man washes his hands with gasoline, showers under a waterfall only after the hunt, and eats his meat raw.
OK, so maybe I am hungry – but when it comes to skincare I do believe a man needs to take good care of this essential body system. And the best way he can do this is by using a good body lotion.
Are there any good body lotions for us, you might ask? Yes there are and they work just as well as the body lotions used by women.
In fact, thanks to the present men’s grooming industry boom, several beauty brands are testing the men’s skincare market and launching more premium lotions capable of delivering the moisturisation and protection you desire to maintain a flawless appearance.
The Benefits of Using A Body Lotion
Before we get to the names of body lotions that you men could use, let us understand the benefits of using one.
- Anti-aging treatment: Elasticity decreases as you get older and lotion can plump up skin thanks to certain ingredients. Some can even help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Glowing complexion: Most lotions tote brightening qualities that add radiance and shimmer to your skin tone.
- Pollutant protection: Emollients housed in certain lotions can create a barrier that prevents irritants from damaging skin.
- Smoothen calluses: Running and weight training earns you these thickened pieces of skin. Moistening them will make those spots supple and easier to remove.
- Stress reliever: Massaging the body with a scented lotion can help relax the body, as well as a lotion with activated heating elements that add sensory warmth to specific areas.
- Weather–proof qualities: Each season brings about different temperatures that affect skin texture. Using a lotion before exposure to weather will lock skin moisture in.
The heart of any body lotion is the ingredients list. Avoiding the harmful and embracing the wholesome is everything. Hence why your checklist should read as follows.
What To Avoid
- Alcohols: Can lead to an increase of bumps and enlarged pores.
- Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA): The food preservative and stabilizer is labeled an endocrine disruptor that can disrupt hormones.
- DMDM Hydantoin: An irritant for the eyes and skin that can potentially contain formaldehyde.
- Parabens: Nothing we haven’t already condemned in terms of skincare preservation.
- Retinyl Palmitate: This vitamin A derivative was tested on mice and reportedly showed a development in tumors when they were exposed to the sun.
- Thriethanolamine: It’s viewed as a skin and respiratory irritant and an immune system toxicant.
What To Embrace
- Antioxidants: Ingredients such as grapeseed oil, pomegranate, and rosemary extract purge the skin of free radicals.
- Ceramides: Lipid molecules that hold skin cells together to restore the skin barrier without irritation.
- Emollients: Glyceryl stearate, jojoba oil, and certain forms of silicones can attribute to smoother skin.
- Humectants: Glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and panthenol create a hydrating effect to moisturize the skin’s outer layer.
- Natural ingredients: Think aloe vera, plant oils, shea butter, and vitamins.
- Occlusives: Lanolin, mineral oil, petrolatum, and waxes can build a protective wall lock moisture in.
- Sunscreen: Protects the sheath from damage caused by UV rays.
Bear in mind it’s not a requirement to purchase an all-natural or organic body lotion, just more of a recommendation. Either way you’re going to fancy something that keeps skin well-nourished and compliments other grooming products such as acne treatments, shaving creams, and shower gels, especially after putting those to use. Here’s our roundup of some of the best body lotions for men. Let’s smooth it out now.
KIEHL’S Age Defender Moisturiser
THE BODY SHOP Guarana And Coffee Energising Moisturiser For Men
L’OCCITANE Skin Complet Cade Complete Care Moisturiser
BEARDO Ultraglow All In 1 Men’s Face Lotion
Kaya Whitening Moisturiser With SPF 15 – For Men
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Body Moisturiser
NIVEA MEN Creme For Face, Body & Hands
PALMER’S Cocoa Butter Formula Men Body & Face Lotion