This promise day, promise yourself healthier, smoother and better looking skin.
Having and maintaining a clear and clean skin and complexion may not always be an easy task. But with little effort you can keep those pesky pimples and blemishes away and enjoy a clean and clear skin and overall well-being.
We list 10 promises to make this promise day that can be your first step on your journey to healthier skin.
- Wash your hands and keep them clean at all times especially before applying make-up.
- Stop touching your face. You are constantly touching things that have germs and touching your face means transferring those germs to your face.
- Clean that phone too. Your phone too contains bacteria that get transferred to your face.
- Do not pop that pimple. Popping a pimple can cause infections and make matters worse.
- Always choose make-up and skincare products that suit your skin.
- Visit a dermatologist. A skin issue loving your face? Not willing to let go of you? Avoid trying self-medication. Instead visit a dermat for professional advise.
- Wash those make-up brushes. Seriously. The make-up tools you use can contain harmful bacteria which can cause breakouts. Use a mild shampoo for cleansing.
- Be consistent with your skincare regime. Sporadic treatments do not work. If you want great skin you have to be committed to regular skin-clearing.
- Sunscreen should be your new skin best friend. Even 5-7 minutes under the skin can cause skin damage. Next time you think of going out without sunscreen, think again!
- Get some sleep. While it might be tempting to binge watch that series or to know what is going on at the other end of the world, shut every electronic device up to an hour before you go to bed. It will help you relax more help you look and feel your best.