All the inspiration needed to tackle those breakouts and get skin that looks and feels its best… always!
Skin breakouts can really be problematic. Sometimes the road to clear skin may involve dozens of road trips to a dermatologist and tickets for various anti-pimple or acne products.
Owing to different individual lifestyles, genes and unique skin types, there’s certainly no one-size-fits-all remedy for skin breakouts. However, by following simple steps daily and including healthy habits into your daily regime, we hope to steer you into the right skincare direction.
Here are our favourite ways to keep those skin breakouts at bay.
- A clear tummy means clear skin: Your skin is a reflection of what you eat, so resist those doses of junk food and keep your stomach clean. Eat healthy food by including lots of greens, vegetables and fruit juices and notice a change in your skin health.
- Remember to cleanse-tone-moisturise: You are never too tired to take just three minutes of your morning and evening to wash your face clean. Cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice daily to get rid of dirt buildup and dead cells from your skin.
- Go beyond CTM: While CTM is a must, if you have a stubborn pimple that you must get rid of fast, rub some ice over it. Wrap an ice cube in a soft cloth and press it over the zit for 30 seconds. This helps to quickly shrink the pimple.
- Exfoliate with caution: While exfoliation is a must for smooth and clear skin, over-exfoliating may result in dry and irritated skin. Exfoliate only twice a week with a scrub that has soft and tiny granules and is suitable for your skin type.
- Change your towel regularly: Your towel harbours a lot of bacteria in it. Constant use of the same towel may result in acne or pimples and even introduce new bacteria to your skin. Hence you need to change your towel once every two-three weeks.
- Drink lots of water: Drinking eight glasses of water daily won’t magically cure your skin of breakouts overnight. But you will gradually notice a difference in your overall health. Water cleanses your body from the inside out and hence is a must.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep deprivation can cause serious havoc on your skin! Acne, pimples, blemishes, etc. will have a field day on your skin with little to less sleep. Give your body time to rest and relax and it will show on your skin!
- Try the all-natural way: Toothpaste does nothing for your pimple, except irritate it more! A better solution is tea tree oil. Take a few drops of this oil and dab it on the pimple as a simple and quick solution to get rid of the breakout.