They say that our eyes are the windows to our soul and they ain’t wrong. Hence, it makes complete sense to dress up your pretty peepers like there’s no tomorrow. Since most women end up messing this integral part of their makeup routine, here’s a lowdown of all the eye makeup tips that you need in this lifetime.To begin with, let’s jot down the players of the game – all the eye makeup products that will help you take your eye game to the next level.
See some of the must have eye makeup products here.
Just how a good foundation sets the base for our face, a stunning eyeshadow palette dresses up the eyelids like no other. There’s no chance of beautiful eye makeup without the use of a palette comprising of vibrant, blendable and highly-pigmented shades.
Guess what’s the silver lining to those doe-shaped eyes? A killer liner! With the invention of gel-based formulas and clever felt tip liners, the world of eyeliners is being constantly revolutionized. Not finding your match is clearly not possible.
The best eye makeup is only complete when the good ol’ kohl stick is put to the test. Nothing changes up your look as instantly and effortlessly as a trusted kajal Swipe it across your lower waterline or smoke it out, there’s nothing as timeless as hypnotizing kohled eyes.
No set of eye makeup steps can ever be complete without fishing out the magical mascara from your tote. Thick, super-defined eyelashes can never go out of style and the mascara is your weapon.
Eye Makeup Tutorial
It may look super easy but mastering the art of decking your eyes up needs practice and the best of products. We’re pretty sorted with the products; now it’s time to head over to the process.
- The answer to how to do eye makeup begins with creating an opaque base for the lid. Here’s where you need a good eye primer. An eye primer removes any discoloration around the eyes and smoothens the texture of your lids so that the products blend effortlessly.
- Next up in our eye makeup tips, pick from the vast array of shades from your eyeshadow palette to build a layered eye look. Choose from the nudes and browns for a daytime look or go bolder for the night with electric blues and misty greys. The fun part about this step is you get to play around with colors.
- To make your beautiful eye makeup even more gorgeous, get your hands on the eyeliner and line way. You can choose to stay close to the upper lash line for a safe, everyday look or go bold with a killer winged or cat eye.
- The kohl stick comes up next in our eye makeup step by step tutorial. Swipe it across the lower lash line and be the fitting kohl-queen of your life.
- Lastly, pick out the ideal mascara depending on how your natural eyelashes are. So, go for a lengthening mascara for short lashes, a curling mascara for straight lashes, and a volumizing one for skimpy lashes.
YOU ASK, WE ANSWER
The best eye makeup tutorial isn’t complete without answering some of the most valid and frequently asked questions. So here goes.
Q: How long should I use my eye makeup products? Do mascaras and eyeliners have expiry dates?
A: Most makeup products come without a clear expiry date. However, when it comes to eye products, special discretion is advised to avoid any sort of infection since bacteria starts to build up in a few months of the initial use. Toss out such products in every 3 – 6 months.
Q: I don’t get the time to retouch my eye makeup during the day. How to do eye makeup and make it last really long, right until the end?
A: The trick here is to use waterproof products that promise a long-lasting, smudge-free application. Also, don’t skip the eye primer, even though it may seem unnecessary at times.
Q: I always get confused while selecting the eye shadow colors. Should it match the color of my eyes or my clothes?
A: Going way too matchy-matchy is now a thing of the past and totally out of style. Experiment with colors that complement the color of your eyes and your clothes, instead of matching them. The overall look should be synchronized and flattering.
Q: I have heard so much about colored mascaras but I’m a little hesitant to try such bold colors. Can I pull off electric blue lashes despite being wheatish?
A: Of course, you can! The current makeup scenario is all about moving away from the regular black and embracing bold colors.
Q: I’m going for an intense black smokey eye for a party tonight. What lipcolor should I pair it with?
A: The thumb rule of makeup says that you should pick out one element from your face and highlight it. To let your eyes stand out, you need to keep the rest of your face muted. Stay away from bright reds and pinks and go for the subtler shades of your kitty, like a nude or a soft brown.
For more beauty advice visit Beauty Book By Nykaa.