Yes the nation is under a lockdown, but that doesn’t mean you cannot indulge in a brilliant diy manicure and pedicure. Give yourself a mani-pedi at-home following these simple steps.
We’ve walked into a salon for a manicure and pedicure but walk out as a changed person. Clean shiny hands and feet can be really therapeutic and improve our mood and looks instantly. However it’s not always possible to visit a salon, especially in times such as the one we’re living in right now. With the right steps, tools and practice, you can get that insta-worthy mani and pediwithin the confines of your home. Yes, you don’t need to visit the salon for this one.
- Clean your nails with a nail polish remover. Take off any colour, glitter and dirt that may still be there on your nails.
- Wash your hands and feet with soap and warm water after you’ve cleaned your nails thoroughly.
- Clip your nails (if necessary). File your nails in one direction to get the desired shape – round, oval or square.
- Buff the top and sides of your nails with a nail buffer to get a smooth surface.
- Push back your cuticles with a cuticle remover.
- Exfoliate your hands and feet with a good scrub to get rid of any dead cells. Once done, wash thoroughly.
- Moisturise your hands and feet with a light body lotion or cream. Give yourself a good hand a feet massage.
- When finished swipe each nail with a nail polish remover to get rid of any residue.
- Now the fun part: Time to apply your favourite nail paint.Wait for 5 minutes before you apply the first coat of your nail paint.
- Wait for 2 full minutes before you apply the second coat of your nail paint.
And voilà! Your diyat-home mani and pedi is done.