Birthday girl Rekha is in no mood to slow down. A look at the most remarkable roles and looks donned by the classic beauty over the years.
Legendary actress Rekha has ruled the silver screen with her acting talent, chart-busting movies and charismatic beauty. She has won accolades for her performances and continues to be one of the finest actors in the Indian film industry till date.
While her performances have mesmerised audiences through the years, she is also known for her signature make-up looks. Offscreen she’s often spotted in her favourite red lips, a gajra, and gorgeous Kanjeevarams. While she dons a classic look offscreen, her onscreen looks have also always created magic.
We bring you five looks where Rekha sizzled onscreen:
- Her eyes coated with a thick swipe of eyeliner and kajal, with a heavy base, a hint of blush on the cheeks and dark red lipstick became a go-to look for many after the release of the iconic movie Umrao Jaan. She also made the Anarkali a staple in wardrobes with this one.
- She killed it with her sizzling look in the movie Silsila. She looked beyond beautiful in a cleaner and more sophisticated look. Bold brows with rosy cheeks, combined with her signature red and cherry lips defined her look.
- Her movie Khoon Bhari Maang saw her in a pretty bolder avatar. She was spotted in loud costumes and glam and exaggerated make-up to match the character role. Rich and OTT, Rekha wore metallic lip hues and dollops of highlighter for this one.
- Be it the 70s or the 2000’s, Rekha has proved time and again that she is an ageless beauty. Her role as Mandira Devi in the cult movie Zubeidaa won her accolades for her performance. Her make-up was elegant, graceful and understated to match the role in the movie.
- One of the highlights of the movie Parineeta was Rekha’s guest appearance in the song, Kaisi paheli zindagani. With curled up hair, glossy lips, bold eyes and a burgundy saree with an off-shoulder blouse, she set the temperatures soaring in this look!